Registration at the Embassy
Registration in the consular population register of the Embassy is not compulsory but offers you similar administrative services as offered by municipalities in Belgium:
The Embassy can assist you for example with:
When your file is up to date, the Embassy will be able to assist you more easily, even when you need urgent emergency assistance (f.e. in case of accidents, disasters, evacuations, etc).
Belgian citizens only:
- who are not registered in a municipality in Belgium
- who have their main residence in Singapore
Tourists, students and other Belgians who do not qualify for registration are still welcome to inform the Embassy of their presence by registering their travels on travellersonline. This will allow the FPS Foreign Affairs to inform and support you when necessary. Your contact details will remain confidential at all times.
You come personally to our Embassy with following documents for each family member:
- registration form in French (for adults and for minors), Dutch (for adults and for minors) or German (for adults and for minors),
- registration form for the elections in French, Dutch or German, a sworn statement in French, Dutch or German and if needed an authorization form in French, Dutch or German,
- depending on your country of origin:
If you come directly from Belgium: "Model 8" as proof of deregistration, issued by the Municipality of your last residence. If you have not deregistered from the Municipality before your departure, you can still deregister in writing. You can also give a Power of Attorney to a family member to do the deregistration on your behalf. All Municipalities can be reached by email (click here).
If you come from another country: we will contact your previous post of residence directly to transfer your administrative file.
- proof of your residential address (rental agreement, utility bill, etc),
- your business card (if available),
- original and photocopy of your Singapore residence permit (employment pass, dependant’s pass, S pass, LTVP,…),
- passport and photocopy. When you or your family member hold another nationality, photocopy of the foreign passport.
- Belgian identity card and photocopy,
- an information form (English, Dutch of French) for your partner if he/she is not Belgian. The registration of his/her personal data in our register makes it possible to contact the family in case of emergency, however it does not give him/her access to the consular services.
Remark: An application for renewal of your passport cannot be submitted before the registration has been completed in the National registry.
Keep the Embassy updated!
Once you are registered, please inform the Embassy of any changes in your civil status (f.e. marriage, divorce, birth, name change,…) , the composition of your household, address, profession to keep your data up to date in the national registry.
Each renewal of your residence permit will also need to be rendered.
When you either relocate back to Belgium or to another country (for which a different embassy or consulate is responsible), you must report to your municipal authorities within 8 working days of your arrival. Your file will be forwarded to your new consular post once your registration is completed. Please inform the Belgian Embassy in Singapore of your departure.